The tenth in the Vlad Taltos series.
- Hardcover: 320 pages
- Publisher: Tor Books (August 8, 2006)
- Language: English
- ISBN: 0765301482
More sources for ISBN 0765301482
Sources of information Edit
Teresa Nielsen Hayden, Steve Brust's editor:Edit
- Oh, goody. Steve Brust has finished writing Dzur.
- —June 28, 2005, 07:38 AM
She later commented:
- It starts about ten minutes after Issola ends. Reading the prologue made me hungry.
- —June 29, 2005, 05:45 PM
- I still don't have the revision letter on Dzur, but I'm told that it won't be out until next August, so I guess there's no hurry.
- Meanwhile, revisions on Dzur are moving slowly, but moving.
- I have three days to turn my notes on Dzur revisions into text (and some of my notes say things like, "Fix this," so it could be entertaining).
- I've been going over the copyedit of Dzur for the last couple of days. Terry McGarry, the copyeditor, is amazing. There are no stupid comments. My responses to the queries are an unbroken string of, "yes, yes, yes, yes."
- Vlad Taltos, short-statured, short-lived human in an Empire of tall, long-lived Dragaerans, has always had to keep his wits about him. Long ago, he made a place for himself as a captain of the Jhereg, the noble house that runs the rackets in the great imperial city of Adrilankha. But love, revolution, betrayal, and revenge ensued, and for years now Vlad has been a man on the run, struggling to stay a step ahead of the Jhereg who would kill him without hesitation.
- Now Vlad’s back in Adrilankha. The rackets he used to run are now under the control of the mysterious “Left Hand of the Jhereg” — a secretive cabal of women who report to no man. His ex-wife needs his help. His old enemies aren’t sure whether they want to kill him, or talk to him and then kill him. A goddess may be playing tricks with his memory. And the Great Weapon he’s carrying seems to have plans of its own…
- Picking up directly where Issola left off, Dzur gives us Vlad Taltos at his best — swashbuckling storytelling with a wry and gritty edge.