The twelfth in the Vlad Taltos series.
- Hardcover: 320 pages
- Publisher: Tor Books (January 5, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0765312085
- ISBN-13: 978-0765312082
More sources for ISBN 0765312085
Sources of informationEdit
- Somewhat unjustly, Steve teases his audience with the following:
- So, while reasearch and super secret projects bubble and boil in the background, I'm getting the itch to write, so today I started what might become a new Vlad novel, if it goes where I'd like it to. It might go somewhere else and get a new name, and it might go nowhere and end up in the trash, but for now, I've started on Iorich. And no, I won't tell you when it is set, or who is and is not in it.
But I'm quite taken with the idea that suddenly popped into my head, and it ties in with things that I've known about for a while, so we'll see if it actually turns into something nifty.
- Recently, Steve posted this on his blog:
- Your Itch (Iorich) picks up a couple of years after Stir (Dzur).
- Work on Iorich progresses:
- Yet again, I have to start a full rewrite before finishing the first draft. This is unusual for me–I like to get to the end before doing major revisions. But all of a sudden PLOT showed up in the book, so what can I do?
- The good news is that this is a much less significant rewrite than the last, and involves mostly a lot of cutting and pasting. In draft form, I’ve finished chapter 14, and I suspect when I get finished with the rewrite, I’ll probably be in about the same place, only this time with a clear view to the end.
- The first draft has been finished.
- The reworked draft has been finished and sent to the editor.
House Jhereg, Dragaera's organized crime syndicate, is still hunting Vlad Taltos. There's a big price on his head on Draegara City. Then he hears disturbing news. Aliera--longtime friend, sometime ally--has been arrested by the Empire on a charge of practicing elder sorcery, a capital crime.
It doesn't make sense. Everybody knows Aliera's been dabbling in elder sorcery for ages. Why is the Empire down on her now? Why aren't her powerful friends--Morrolan, Sethra, the Empress Zerika--coming to her rescue? And most to the point, why has she utterly refused to do anything about her own defense?
It would be idiotic of Vlad to jump into this situation. He's a former Jhereg who betrayed the House. He's an Easterner--small, weak, short-lived. He's being searched for by the most remorseless killers in the world. Naturally, that's exactly why he's going to get completely involved...