"The art of using necrophia, and amorphia, to control the energy levels of different life-states."- Aliera e'Kieron
While many consider necromancy the study of death, it is actually better expressed as a study of the many levels of existence.
An important tool in the practice of necromancy is Dark Water. This is used to aid the transition between necromantic states, to extend the life of the undead, and when stagnant and confined, to weaken the powers of the undead.
Possible Uses of NecromancyEdit
- prevention of revivification
- reanimation of those recently dead
- Creation, opening/closing of Necromantic Gates
- Communicating with a dreamer
- Extending life
- Becoming undead
- Pulling someone's life out of their body; necromantic murder
- Alternate disposition of souls -- into/out of bodies/artifacts
How Necromancy Relates To Other Branches of MagicEdit
Necromancy often overlaps with Sorcery, which provides the raw power needed to make necromantic changes. Both sorcery and Necromancy derive their power through the control of amorphia using necrophia.